Planting Story Seeds – Resource Pack for Teachers and Parents
Planting Story Seeds is a storytelling experience being delivered in primary schools in Malta and Gozo as part of the Culture Pass 2019/2020 programme organised by the Malta Arts Council and the Culture Directorate.
During each session, delivered at the school, our professional storyteller relates a story orally (from memory) and engages the children in multisensory activities that allow them to dig deeper into the meaning of the story. The themes of each story focus on the protection of the environment and celebrate diversity – the diversity within our environment and our societies.
This resource pack is offered to teachers and parents in the hope that they can continue bringing storytelling magic to the children in their care.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 19
- Assessments Yes
Planting Story Seeds Resource Pack
The resources in this pack are aimed to help parents and teachers use stories as pedagogical and parenting tools with the children in their care.
- Children’s Competition
- How Stories Can Help Me Parent
- How to Share Stories with Children
- Story 1 – The Day the Sleeping Lady Woke by Giuliana Fenech
- Story 2 – Lunzja and the Magic Cowrie by Giuliana Fenech and Lara Agius
- Story 3 – Water Drop’s Big Adventure – by Lara Agius o.b.o. Lignin Stories
- Story 4 – Too Much Cake, Too Little Time by Lara Agius o.b.o. Lignin Stories